Nuage Chocolat – Chocolate Cloud
|Love chocolate (photo: Sharon Heinrich)|
|Look at the texture (photo: Sharon Heinrich)|
100 g fresh milk
190 g dark chocolate, chopped 70%
25 g egg yolks (usually from 1 egg L)
175 g egg whites (usually from 5 eggs L)
40 g caster sugar
1. Heat the milk until simmering
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
3. Pour the hot milk over the chocolate in a bowl, stir to make a smooth cream. Set aside to cool.
4. Pour egg yolks into chocolate cream and whisk.
5. Beat egg whites with sugar until firm peaks form.
6. Fold egg whites into the chocolate cream. Fold through until incorporated (not too many folds).
7. Divide mixture between 4- 6 small glasses, or pour it into a centeral vessel. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
|Bon-Appetit (photo: Sharon Heinrich)|