Spritz cocoa cookies with chocolate
Anyone who follows me knows that I love cookies, crunchy dough, and generally prefer crunchy carbs. One of my favorite cookies is the Spritz cookie. The Spritz came into my life a few weeks ago and have become one of the most viewed recipes on the blog.
The recipe was published, you did not stop sending me pictures of your Sprtiz cookies, and in our small Parisian apartment the oven continued to work overtime and for a week I only made A variety of Spritz cookies.
190 g butter, very soft (not melted)
75 g confectioners sugar, sifted
Pinch of Fleur-de-Sel, or sea salt
Pinch of vanilla grains
1 egg white
200 g flour, sifted
25 g cocoa powder, sifted
For decoration: 200 g milk/dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius, line a big baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a mixer bowl cream together butter, confectioners sugar, Fleur-de-Sel and vanilla.
3. Add egg white, blend.
4. Add sifted flour and cocoa in 2 times. Blend at a low speed until well mixed.
5. Using a spatula, clean the sides of the bowl and unite the dough, which should be soft and sticky.
6. Insert a medium star piping tip (D63 for example) into a piping bag, fill the piping bag with cookie dough.
7. Pipe the desired shapes on a baking paper-lined pan, I like to pipe a “W” shape – 5 cm high and 7 cm wide. It is recommended to keep spaces between the cookies, they spread slightly in baking.
8. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the cookies are very dry. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
9. Melt chocolate, dip the cookies halfway into the chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.