Chocolate Cookies and Ganache Ice Cream
I recently made it when I cooked the Brownie Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sandwiches, a more complex recipe to make than the current one, but the result is so worth the investment.
This time I decided to make just the ice cream layer from the brownies recipe and incorporate in it some ingredients that I really like. Anyone who follows me knows that I love chocolate and as such I must include this wonderful ingredient in every dessert.
Inspired by our exciting visit to the magical Boulangerie in the village of Cucugnan in the south of France, and the recipe for Chocolate Diamond Cookies I received from Aurélie, I decided to make the ice cream with dark chocolate ganache, pieces of diamond cookies and chopped chocolate.
Of course you can use any crispy chocolate cookie you want, but these diamond cookies are perfect for this ice cream because their texture is very crunchy and they don’t become difficult to chew after freezing. Their combination with the dark chocolate ganache and the ice cream flavor is just wonderful.
150g heavy whipping cream
150g dark chocolate (at least 70%cocoa)
500g heavy whipping cream
400g condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g milk chocolate, chopped
50g dark chocolate, chopped
5-6 chocolate diamond cookies, cubed, recipe inside.
1. Chocolate Ganache: In a medium pot, heat the cream until almost boiling. Remove from heat and strain the cream into the bowl with the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes before stirring. Using a spatula, slowly and gently begin to stir together the chocolate and cream. Stir slowly and carefully for a few minutes, until you have a glossy ganache. Set aside.
2. Ice cream: In a bowl of a stand mixer whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Generally add the condensed milk and vanilla and mix until the ice cream becomes soft and silky.
3. Add half the amount of ganache, half the amount of cookies and half the amount of chopped chocolate to the ice cream, folding slightly to create a marble look.
4. Pour half of the ice cream into the mold, lightly flatten and add a little of the ganache, cookies and chopped chocolate.
5. Cover with the remaining ice cream, garnish with chocolate ganache, the remaining cookies and chopped chocolate.
6. Freeze for at least 14 hours and enjoy 🙂