Vanilla Yogurt Cake With Chocolate Chunks
If you follow us on Instagram you already know that our morning coffee is very important. Every day we upload to Instagram stories the “Morning Choice,” two cups of coffee that my private barista makes, and two pastries or light morning cakes. Hundreds of thousands of people who follow us (if you’re not there yet) from over 180 countries, are waiting for this moment every morning.
The French eat a light breakfast so most of the morning choices are between different Viennoiserie like croissants, brioches, escargots and more. French breakfasts don’t include savory dishes, but rather a pastry and hot drink or a baguette with butter and jam called tartine.
One of the cakes Gali loves the most in the morning is a vanilla yogurt cake with chocolate chunks, a light and moist cake that you can’t stop eating. Even Gali, who is unable to eat chocolate before noon, is willing to eat it in the morning. Of course I’m looking for the pieces with the largest amount of chocolate 🙂
210g eggs (around 3 big eggs)
100g canola oil
5g vanilla extract
170g all-purpose flour, sifted
40g corn starch
7g baking powder
2g baking soda powder
Pinch of salt
1 vanilla bean
50g dark chocolate, chopped
Confectioners sugar for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 170C degrees, grease and flour the pan.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until obtain a light and fluffy preparation.
3. Add oil and vanilla extract, keep beating.
4. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add half the flour mixture and half the yogurt over eggs mixture, stir to combine but not too much. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and yogurt.
6. Add vanilla bean and chopped chocolate to the mixture, stir to combine.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until baked but not too dry. Let cool in the pan and transfer to a serving dish.
8. Dust with confectioners sugar and enjoy.