Marble Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache
One of the simplest but most beloved cakes of all is the Marble Cake, that some claim is the most delicious cake in the world. It’s so yummy and comforting, its texture is wonderful and it’s so easy to make.
180g butter, softened
50g canola oil
280g eggs (around 4 large eggs)
240g whole milk
10g vanilla extract
400g flour, sifted
10g baking powder
50g cocoa powder, sifted
30g whole milk
Dark Chocolate Ganache:
120g heavy whipping cream
100g dark chocolate 70%, chopped
Cocoa nibs for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease and flour the pan.
2. Cake Batter: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, oil and sugar until obtain a light and fluffy preparation.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add alternately the milk + vanilla and the flour + baking powder + salt over butter mixture, stir to combine. Don’t over-mix so that the cake does not come out too dense.
5. Divide the mixture into two equal parts, each part in a separate bowl.
6. Cocoa Batter: Add cocoa and milk to one of the mixtures, mix lightly until a brown batter is obtained.
7. Put each batter in a separate pastry bag.
8. Pipe alternately rings from both pastry bags into the mold. Yes, it requires a replacement of the pastry bag each time but it’s worth it 🙂
9. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until the cake is firm but not too dry.
10. Dark Chocolate ganache: In a small pot, heat the cream until almost boiling. Remove from heat and strain the cream into the bowl with the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for a minute before stirring. Using a spatula, slowly and gently begin to stir together the chocolate and cream. You should be stirring slowly and carefully for a few minutes until you have a glossy ganache with no air bubbles.
11. When the cake reaches room temperature, remove it from the pan, garnish with chocolate ganache and sprinkle with cocoa nibs.
12. Keep the cake in an airtight container and enjoy!